I had to escape and flee the asylum reception center in fear for my life, "Arsland" tells the news paper Dagen.
"Arsland" is from Afghanistan, converted to Christianity a while a go, and is now baptized as a Christian.
Arsland is friends with "Ali", the Christian convert from islam who got attacked with boiling water and acid at the asylum reseption a few days ago.The young Afghan man is afraid to show his face and real name to the reporters, because he knows the muslims are out to get a hold of him.
- Another Christian friend of mine also noticed the hostile attitude of Muslims at the reception. "We must escape, for I fear that they will kill us," he said.
So I rode off at 1:30 Sunday morning, and went to the Bird Park at Nærbø. There, I tried to sleep on a bench while it was raining, says "Arsland". Sunday he was taken care of by Christian friends who live in that area.
Over the weekend, "Ali" moved to another asylum seeker reception because of the lack of security at Hå asylum reception center. while three other Christian converts from Afghanistan also fled Hå reception center, and is scattered in Jæren among Christian supporters.
"Arsland" was an eyewitness to some of the harassment and violence "Ali" was exposed to last tuesday
I heard screaming and went out of the room to see what happened. I witnessed that "Ali" fell on to the floor after it was being poured boiling water over him. Muslims from Somalia turned loose on him and they shouted · «This is jihad (holy war), says" Arsland ".
The involved muslims ran quickly to their rooms when "Arsland" showed up.Together with another Afghan "Arsland" lifted "Ali" carefully and carried him to his room."Arsland" tried to warn police about what had happened, but without getting any response. A woman from the Lutheran Free Church was at the reception at the same time that this happened. She quickly called the police and they came after about half an hour. Later the ambulance arrived, and "Ali" was taken to hospital for treatment. He was back at the reception on Wednesday.
No response from the asylum centers management:
"Ali" has been bullied and harassed several times in the past before the terrible incident last week. "Asland" says that he went to the head of the reception center and told me about this, but nothing was done.
- I have even been threatened several times by the Muslims at the reception. But this was not taken seriously when I complained to the manager. "You must contact the police" was the reply I got from her, said, "Arsland".
- How did you react to what happened with "Ali"?
- I was very scared. On Saturday night I went out of my room and met some Muslims. They were angry and said that no Muslim would allow "Ali" to live. At the same time they stressed that it was an "accident" what happened to him when he got thrown boiling water over him self... "But we are waiting for a fatwa (license to kill) from the Imam in Sandnes. "Ali" has destroyed our religion Islam, "they emphasized.
"Arsland" and his friend then realized that now their lives was also at risk, and therefore escaped the Hå asylum reception center.
- I will never go back to the reception center , he emphasizes.
- Do you regret that you accepted Jesus as your savior?
- No, not at all! I feel safe with Jesus, answer "Arsland".
Translated by Trinity
Full article in Norwegian: